Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Albertine

So I still haven't finished my post about my time in Minnesota at the Summit VI. I'm having a hard time putting into words how my world was rocked. I told my friend, Britney, that even though I've adopted twice now...my eyes have JUST really been opened to the need. I'm overwhelmed with how much God loves us and loves those children, each and every one. How he has called them by name. How he has called ME to do something. I feel very raw right now. That's a good thing I think. I'm spending alot of time asking God what I can do. I want to be His hands and feet. I want my heart to continue to be broken for the things that break his. I can honestly say (and not proudly) that I'm not sure I've ever experienced that. And I'm not sure I've ever REALLY asked. But I'm asking now. Because my eyes have been opened and I can't ignore what I now know. So I'm writing this particular post because I wanted to share a song that I love. Its by Brooke Fraser. I've added it to my side bar over there but also wanted to post the words. I'm excited about some things that my sister and I are planning for the fall here in our area. And I am also excited to see what happens with me and my family as we continue to ask and do! I know it won't be easy. I know there are alot of "things" that might try and stand in our way. But its not about that now is it? Its about the children....

Albertine

I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
her mothers voice over me
And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent
And on a thousandth hill, I think of Albertine
there in her eyes what I don't see with my own
rwanda

[CHORUS]
now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are

I am on a plane across a distant sea
But I carry you in me
and the dust on, the dust on, the dust on my feet
Rwanda

[CHORUS]

[BRIDGE]
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

[CHORUS]

I am on a stage, a thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine

2 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

Ummmm......I NEED that song. How have I never heard that? And, I love Brooke Fraser! AND I love Rwanda!

And, I love you. :) I want to do the conference all over again.

Mark and I pray daily for the Lord to "break our heart for what breaks His". (from another favorite song...Hosanna.) It used to be a hard prayer to pray, but not really anymore. What breaks His heart is breaking ours. And, it's never felt so good. I know you feel the same.

LOVE IT!! Can't wait to hear about the plans for the fall!! And, thanks for the new song. :)

These are the days... said...

That is a powerful song! Wow! I would love to know your plans for this fall. Remember, I'm just a city north of you and an adoptive mom so I'd love to help if you have a need.

Nikki