Sunday, March 15, 2009

Remebering....March 15, 2008

This day last year we were still in Beijing. We did lots of tourist-y things but on this day but the anticipation was getting to me. And maybe the exhaustion as well!! I was really getting to know our group by now and feeling unusually close to them already. We were bonding over this experience!! Hope you are enjoying my little walk down memory lane!! I probably won't recap the ENTIRE two week journey. At least until we got Adiah and maybe some videos that Brian did last year. Right now I hear my Asian princess singing a song and jumping on her bed. She is such a doll......


Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day Two

Wowie! We just arrived back in the room from another very long day! We left this morning around 9 am and got back here around 6:45pm. Today we went to Summer Palace. Very beautiful! While we were there a couple of young Chinese boys asked if they could take their picture with me. Yes... I'm a super star. Then we went to the Jade factory which was incredible! Too expensive for me to buy anything though! Then we went to another Chinese meal(go figure). I ate alot of rice! I'm very hungry for a hamburger or something like that. But then Rosa, our guide, said she can tell we're tired of Chinese food so we're going to the Peking Duck meal tomorrow and ordering pizza tonight! Can I get an amen?!? Anyway, after that we went to the Great Wall. So awesome!! Brian and I and some other friends went on the difficult side and made it all the way up! I got myself a t-shirt that said I climbed the Great Wall or something like that. On one of the bus rides I asked Rosa if she knew anything about the day we get Adiah. She said our flight leaves tomorrow night around 7pm. We will get Adiah around 8:30 the next morning. Between flying and nerves I probably won't sleep much tomorrow night!! So tomorrow we're going to a church service, back to the hotel to pack, and then shopping for pearls! Not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow because of that so this may be it until we have Adiah! I'll be sure to post as soon as I can. Thank you for all of the comments we're getting! I love to hear from you all and it makes us smile! And thank you for praying for us................I love you all!


Some lady doing some sort of dance/exercise in the Summer Palace


Another deep thought....


Great Wall!! What an awesome experience!


Brian making his way to the top!


Me peeking around the side. It was high up there!

1 comment:

M Holly said...

I am enjoying your trip down memory lane. It brings back great memories of anticipation!

Mom