Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Festivities!!

Oh my! What a wonderful last few days we've had celebrating Christmas! The activities all began on Sunday evening when we went to Brian's sister, Gina's house. We had lots of fun eating, playing games, and visiting with friends. The cousins couldn't get enough of each other! We brought our niece, Brooklyn, home with us to spend the night and Ridgedon stayed the night there with Corban and Nathan. The next day, Christmas Eve, we all got up and met out at Brian's dad's place. We had a really nice time and stuffed ourselves silly with Mexican food. Tamales, fajitas, enchiladas!!! We left there and made it home in time to clean ourselves up and head back out for the Christmas Eve service at our church. Sometimes, don't you feel like your children are really getting the idea of what Christmas is all about? We talk about it, they talk about it, and then....brick wall. That's how I felt when we were driving to church and Ridge says "Mom, why did God have to plan for Jesus to be born the SAME night as when Santa comes?". Sorry!!! Oh well! They are getting it...slowly but surely! After that, we went home and got ready for the BIG DAY!! We made sure they knew that they were not to come out of their rooms until 7 the next morning! Santa was REALLY good to them this year and they got alot of things they were hoping for. Most importantly the Wii!! Mom and Dad had a great time playing with it(so did the kids)!! They were truly excited and truly grateful which made me very proud!! Santa was even thinking of Adiah and left her a little stash too! We then headed off to Brian's mom's house for the day. They hit the jackpot again and our car was stuffed to the top with gifts. We've spent alot of time talking about how you don't have to spend money on someone to tell them you love them. But when someone buys you a gift...they do it because they love you. It doesn't even matter what it is. Man, that sounds confusing to kids!! The festivities have not ended yet! We will do Christmas with my family next weekend. We've just had such a good time being together, being with friends and family, and focusing on what really matters. Jesus. He has given us so much to be thankful for! And we have another daughter who will join us this year. What more could I ask for?!? I'm doing much better in the sadness department. The Lord is so faithful! He has been teaching me so much! Even in my sadness. I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of what he is teaching me. And Adiah has been thought of all Christmas long. So many people can't wait for her to be here. I'm trying to document it all! Anyway, we wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



Emily "attacked" Natalie when she saw the Wii. Not sure how Nat survived that!


Pure joy!


Me posing with Ridge after opening his gift to me


Brian doing the same...


My beautiful girls and their beautiful cousin, Brooklyn

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, Emily looks so grown up in that last picture! I love the one where she is tackling Natalie! I got a Wii for Christmas too! Any good game recommendations? Dancing With The Stars is pretty good, different from what I expected, but fun, thats the only one I've bought.

MattandSara said...

I think Emily almost gauged Natalie's eyes out. Then how would she have played with the Wii? Sounds like an eventful but good Christmas. Can't wait for our's.

Denise said...

Looks like Christmas was fun...but aren't you glad that 2007 is behind us and we can look forward to getting our little ones this year? Come on RA's!!!!