Saturday, August 4, 2007

Emily's 10th birthday party...2 months late!

Well its 6:20 on a Saturday morning and for some reason I can't sleep. So I thought I'd get up and blog about my daughter's very late birthday party we finally had for her last night. It was originally planned for June 16th, her actual birthday. But the weather did not cooperate with us and we had to postpone her friend birthday party due to the fact that it was a swimming luao party. We went ahead and had a family gathering which was great. But when you turn 10 you sort of want to celebrate with your friends. The weather this summer has been crazy here in Texas. So much rain!! Finally, Emily said..."Mom, school is about to start. When are we having my party?". I know, I know!!! So we sent out the invitations once again and prayed for good weather. Well, the Lord provided because yesterday was beautiful!! Not as many of her friends got to come but it was still a good time!! Happy Birthday, Emily! I love you so much and am so proud of the young lady you are becoming. You are compassionate, funny, sensitive, and you love the Lord. Thank you for making my life so full!!

The birthday girl with her friends!

I had to post this one of Emily's twin friends, Kevin(left) and Andy(right). They have been in Emily's EXPO(gift and talented) class since 1st grade. Andy has been in Emily's actual classroom since 1st grade also. The 3 of them together crack me up because they are so smart! Last night Emily said "Natalie can eat like 6 hot dogs in 5 minutes."(which she can...I don't know where she puts it). Kevin quickly began to calculate in his head how many seconds per hot dog that would be. They got the answer right but I had to come home and use a calculator to figure it out. Its 50 seconds.


I can't believe my baby is 10!!! Where does the time go?


This is Emily on her actual birthday in June. Happy Birthday Em!!

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! I can't believe she is 10...especially when I think that ours isn't even 18 months yet. Look at the fun we have waiting for us! I know to just call you for all the good / fun ideas when it comes to kiddos and parties, camps, etc. :) Anyway, once again, the kids are too cute! Such a good-lookinig family! Love yall.