Saturday, January 1, 2011

Korah Day 1

This is brief email from Miss Amy. Lots of pictures below. Will post now and she can edit information and repost stuff later as needed for those following - just thought would be good to see. Keep praying! - Bw

Hey guys!! Well I haven't been able to blog like I thought I would while here. The internet is completely "iffy" at best and I can't get onto blogger so I'm emailing this post to Brian. Words can't even express what we've already experienced in the short time we've been here. We landed on whatever day that was and went striaght to Korah for the afternoon. When we arrived the kids were chanting "Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!!". It was so awesome. We could hardly get out of the van because the kids were so excited to see us. It was simply amazing! The love these kids showed to us just because we were there. My dad jumped right in and had a great time playing with the kids. One particular little girl really loved him and didn't leave his side. We just played with them that day but then we returned there yesterday to spend the whole day. We decided we wanted to feed the kids and Sumer from Project 61 said that a great way to feed them would be to purchase some sheep and they would slaughter them and make it into a stew Apparently these kids dont' really get fed on Saturdays and meat is a real luxury. We bought 5 sheep for $150.
We actually went to a place and picked the sheep out, put them IN our van and brought them there. We have pictures and when I get home I'll blog in more detail when I can actually see the pictures. Basically the sheep were slaughtered (with the help of Jason), made into a stew and we fed about 250 people. They were thrilled! I really have no words to express the extreme need. No words. This is WAY below poverty level here. Yet the happiness they showed just by someone looking in their eyes and spending time with them is just amazing. We were able to do a short VBS lesson with the kids and did some facepainting and soccer playing too. I have so much more to share....I need to have my pictures in front of me and have the time to really expound. However right now we are preparing to go to another orphanage for the day so I need to go. Thank you all for praying for me and the team. We have a great one!! I miss my family so much! When I lay in bed at night I think of them and cry. I can't wait to hug their necks! Sorry this is so short but I gotta run!


Love you guys!!

Amy (and Dad and Sara)




this may be one of my all time favorite pictures of this beautiful woman...





I'm guessin that bread is good....
... and I bet part of that other thing is chewy and grissly enough to stick between your teeth...





this I think is the field outside the city they went to play games (soccer) and do VBS...



two beautiful smiles...


amazing man right there -
(Jason - my sis Gina's husband...)

I love this man - but what is he gonna need that pen for in his pocket there?
(Larry - Amy and Sara's Dad)

.

Sara - with plenty of new friends!
And.... one more time... Picture of day 1 for the Woods Gang here...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have been thinking of you SOOOOO much! Can't wait to hear all about it. That last picture made me smile. :) Praying for you and your time there to be a blessing to all.