Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane!!

I wish I could say I'm heading off to some place tropical but I can't! Instead, I'm going to Minnesota. Sounds awesome, huh? No really, I'm super excited about this trip. My sister, me and two friends are heading to an adoption conference called Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit VI. I'm really excited about what we are going to learn and be opened up to this week. I really feel like the Lord has called my family to the adoption world to do more than JUST adopt. I hope to bring back some ideas about how we can do something here in our community or church. But I'll say this...when you have something that you feel like the Lord has called you to you BETTER BELIEVE that the enemy will be out in full force to try and distract you or tear you down and make you feel like there are plenty of other people out there who could do a much better job than you. He's been on attack around here. But I won't cower. I'm standing firm and letting the Lord lead us. I make mistakes. I'm not perfect. But I have made my heart a home for the One who is. And with Him and through Him we can do anything he has called us to. If you could pray for us I would appreciate it. My two littles woke up this morning throwing up(of course...see what I mean?) and I leave tomorrow.

Also, I wanted to point you to a blog I follow. This mom wrote a blog post this morning and it really hit home to me. Would you consider reading it? Would you consider asking the Lord in what capacity YOU could be used in the life of an orphan? I'm done closing my eyes and pretending everything is fine "out there". This life is so temporary. What are you going to do with it?