Sunday, March 2, 2008

Shower for Adiah

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Yesterday was such a fun day! I don't even have enough words to say how thankful I am! My sister (Sara), sister in law (Gina), Britney, Lorisa, and Chelsea hosted a shower for Adiah. Its was the most beautiful shower! Chelsea offered to have it at her home and it was so beautiful! I love your house, Chels! Such cute decorations and yummy food. It was Asian themed so we had Asian Chicken salad, shrimp won tons, egg rolls, fortune cookies, fruit, and cake! But more importantly I was showered with love from friends and family. We started the event with a little eating. As Lorisa said...I love shower food! Then I opened gifts with the help of my girls. Adiah is ready to go! She got so many wonderful gifts. Stroller, high chair, blankets, books, clothes, and on and on! My mother in law, Carol, made the quilt for Adiah's room. We picked the fabric out together several months ago. Pinks and browns. It turned out beautiful! My mom also gave me an Asian painting made by a man from China. Its made on rice paper and its so beautiful and special! We then ended the shower with a prayer time. My friends and family all gathered around me and my girls and I can't even tell you how overwhelmed I was. Poor Natalie had snot dripping in her hair! Sorry! Just a little conditioner! Thank you sweet friends by the way you bless my life daily! I'm honored to walk through this life with you!!


Me and the hostesses....Chelsea, Lorisa, me, Sara, Britney, and Gina



My girls helping set up....


The cake! It says...Welcome Home, Adiah!



No comments: