Friday, February 15, 2008

This just in...

*update below*
I have a drama queen for a daughter!! Seriously!! So I have this rule these days that the kids HAVE to make their beds GOOD before school. We are practicing because we will soon be putting our house on the market and I need their help keeping the house ready to show. So we practice! This morning, Natalie comes out of her room with a "shaky"voice near tears and she says this..."Mom. I can't make my bed." I say something like...yes you can. She says "But here's the problem...I don't WANT to make my bed!!" All of this is said with such drama. I say something like...here's the problem back. You will make your bed....blah, blah, mom stuff, blah. Now she's throwing a fit. She's 8, almost 9. Am I really still dealing with fits? Seriously...off to discipline. Happy Friday!!

Natie Bug told me she was sorry! I think she's tired from her week at school. But I thought that was pretty awesome that she apologized. She just needs some good lovin' this weekend!!

5 comments:

MattandSara said...

WOW!! It's amazing to me how much Hollyn and Natalie are alike. I am SURE that I will STILL be having conversations like that when Hollyn is eight...almost nine. Good luck with your day.

Britney K said...

Oh dear. What's the problem Nats! Good gravy. Ya know sometimes you just need to feel like you can do what you want. Unless your 8. HA! I remember when I was little and our house was on the market my mom would tell us to clean "Realtor Perfect" That means it has to be REALLY clean. We still us the phrase "Realtor Perfect." Hang in there momma!

Tiffany said...

Ya know, I still hate to make my bed and I'm 28! I remember getting into fights with my mom about it! And I also remember saying I would NEVER make my own kids make thier bed! HA! We'll see how that one holds up! Yeah right!

M Holly said...

I know two girls and a boy who hated making their beds, too. Of course we never moved after ya'll got old enough to make your own beds. But NOW, can you come over and make your beds for me so my house can be Realtor Perfect?

Veronica said...

I love that: "Here's the problem back..." Made me laugh. GO MOM!