Thursday, September 13, 2007

10 months and counting...

Today marks the 10 month anniversary of our Log In Date (LID) in China. There are times when it seems like yesterday that we sent all of our documents overseas for Adiah. Then there are times when it seems like an eternity. Like today. About 2 years ago when we began thinking and praying about this decision 10 months would have been about how long we would have to wait to get our baby girl. These days 10 months isn't all that long. People now are waiting 21-22 months...and the wait time is increasing. Now, does that mean that the Lord couldn't change all of that? Obviously, no! So we wait and trust the Lord in his perfect timing. That is what gets me through days like this.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

And I'll end with a quote from a movie that keeps popping in my head the last few days. I've been thinking about how old I'm getting in relation to this adoption. From When Harry Met Sally:

Sally: "AND....I'm going to be 40."

Harry: "When?"

Sally: "Someday!"

2 comments:

M Holly said...

I can't believe it's been 10 months! I just hope it isn't going to be the 20-23 months that we're seeing now. We pray that God will bring our China dolls home soon!

TriSara said...

I think you guys are incredible. Thank you for being a shining example of Jesus. I pray that you will be blessed beyond measure for your faithfulness in this!